UNESCO World Heritage site, Kazan is one of the largest and most beautiful cities of Russia, 150 years older then Moscow. Discover the heart of the Republic of Tatarstan, the place where East and West interfere and complement each other.
Package price: from USD 560 per person based on double/twin occupancy
Day 1. Friday
Upon you arrival to Kazan our representative will be waiting for you at the airport of Kazan city holding a sign with your name. The shuttle service will take you to your hotel.
After check-in you will be driven for lunch (included) to one of the city’s restaurants. Enjoy the traditional Tatar cuisine.
Kazan City Tour
During 3 hours bus tour, get acquainted with the city’s history and visit to Kazan Kremlin, which has been serving as a main historic citadel of Tatarstan, dated from the period of Ivan the Terrible. It remains unique architectural and historical monuments, and justly takes place alongside the most remarkable world heritage objects. Tour concludes by 4.00pm at the hotel, or you might wish to stay in the city and walk back to the hotel. Evening is at your leisure.
Day 2. Saturday
Raifa Male Monastery
After breakfast your local guide will pick you up at the hotel reception and you will drive to Raifa Bogoroditskiy Male Monastery. 40 minutes later find yourself at the place of silence and beauty, surrounding by picturesque forests and lakes. Discover the harmony of the monastery’s architecture which includes small chapels and towers.
Lunch at one of the restaurants in Kazan (included).
Island Town of Sviyazhsk
After lunch your tour is going on by bus to historic and scenic Sviyazhsk Island, one of the best side trips from Kazan. Take an opportunity to enjoy the truly mythical atmosphere, learn more about history and admire the local architecture. Return back to the hotel by 5:00pm. Evening at your leisure.
Day 3. Sunday
Transfer from your hotel to the program starting point.
(Available from April, 30 till September, 30)
Experience a real Tatar holiday! Interactive program «Tatar Kalyapush» takes you to the world of fun, where you will see beautiful Tatar costumes, listen to folk songs and learn national dances. Moreover, you may take part in competitions and learnt some Tatar words.
Walking tour on Bauman Street
(Alternatively: from October, 1 till April, 29)
Bauman Street pedestrian zone. Don’t miss its architecture, busy markets and strolling its charming neighbourhood. Visit the “Street of Four Centuries” museum and find enjoyment walking on the main city artery, where you can fully experience the diversity of the city life.
Lunch (included) in one of the city’s restaurants. Afternoon at your leisure
Day 4. Monday
Day at your leisure
Breakfast at the hotel, free time.
Hotel check out.
Transfer to the airport/rail station.
Trip Information & Documents
- Accommodation based on two people sharing a double/twin room at Korston hotel (4 days and 3 nights)
- Breakfast daily
- Kazan city tour
- Excursion to Raifa Male Monastery and Island-Town of Sviyazhsk
- Walking tour on Bauman Street pedestrian zone OR: Entertainment program “Tatar Kalyapush”
- Visit to one of the city museums
- Russian speaking guide
- Entrance tickets
- 3 lunches
- Transfer from/to airport
- Visa support letter for the tour duration
- 24-hour emergency contact
Not included in price:
- International flights
- Any meals, beverages, sightseeing entrance fees not specified in the inclusions
- Photo and video charges at museums and places of interest
- Extra personal costs incurred at the hotel
- Extended visa support
- Tour is available all year round except dates January 1st – 10th (New Year holidays)
- All excursions are held in Russian
- Accommodation may be substituted with similar grade hotels
- Tours and timing may vary according to local conditions and substitutions may be made if necessary
- Visa support – is supplied for duration of tour only. Extension of visa support costs USD 50 per person.
- You will need to obtain a tourist visa BEFORE you arrive in Russia
- Important – remember to apply for your visa at least 1 month prior to travel