Discover three main Russian cities: Moscow – the official capital of Russia featuring ancient streets and modern skyscrapers, St Petersburg – the cultural capital with its famous drawbridges and luxury palaces, and Kazan – the capital of the Republic Tatarstan with its fine mosques and long-standing history.
Three Capitals of Russia: Kazan – St Petersburg – Moscow
Day 1. Kazan
Transfer to the hotel
Arrival to Kazan, transfer to hotel, check in.
Sightseeing tour across Kazan
Meet the English speaking guide in the hotel lobby, and start your acquaintance with the city’s past and present by bus tour. Visit the Kazan Kremlin that used to be a main historic citadel of Tatarstan, dated from the period of Ivan the Terrible. It remains unique architectural and historical monuments, and justly takes place alongside the most remarkable world heritage objects listed at the UNESCO World Heritage.
Lunch at the restaurant
Lunch at the restaurant Tatar Inn. Don’t miss out on tasting the best authentic Tatar kitchen.
Walking tour along the Old Tatar Settlement
Following lunch, city tour heads to discover the Old Tatar Settlement. Stroll down the streets where many houses still exhibit colourful, traditional decorations. The most significant building here is the Mardzhani Mosque, dating from 1767.
Transfer to hotel, free time.
Day 2. Kazan
Raifa Male Monastery
After breakfast your local guide will pick you up at the hotel reception and you will drive to Raifa Bogoroditskiy Male Monastery. 40 minutes later find yourself at the place of silence and beauty, surrounding by picturesque forests and lakes. Walk around and discover the harmony of the monastery’s architecture which includes small chapels and towers.
Lunch with master-class for preparing national dish in the Tatar Inn restaurant.
5:00pm – transfer to the hotel for those who decide not to stay in the city centre, free time.
Day 3. Kazan – St Petersburg
After check-out the hotel, transfer to the airport.
Flight to St Petersburg (airfare is not included)
Arrival to St Petersburg, transfer to your hotel
St Petersburg sightseeing tour
As the North Russian capital, St Petersburg has a unique architectural and cultural make-up, symbolized by its famous splendid landmarks: the Palace Square and the impressing baroque Winter Palace, the Spit of Vasilievsky Island, the Kazan Cathedral, the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood and Nevsky prospect. Discover Peter and Paul Fortress and its Cathedral – the oldest church in St Petersburg.
Lunch in one of the Russian traditional restaurants.
7:00pm – Transfer to the hotel.
Day 4. St Petersburg
Excursion to the Hermitage Museum
After breakfast in the hotel, meeting with your guide at the reception. The Hermitage Museum was founded by Empress Catherine II in 1764 and now houses more than 3 million invaluable items. Prepare to be amazed at the magnificent interiors, treasuring the priceless works of art of all times and from all parts of the world. The sheer jewels of the collection are the works by Leonardo da Vinci, Rafael, Titian, Rembrandt, P. P. Rubens, A. Van Dyck, El Greco, N. Poussin, V. Van Gogh, P. Gauguin, P. Picasso, H Matisse, etc.
Excursion to St Isaac’s Cathedral
St Isaac’s Cathedral is ranked as one of the greatest dome cathedrals in Europe after St Peter’s Cathedral in Rome and St Paul’s Cathedral in London. The dome of St Isaac’s Cathedral dominates the skyline of St Petersburg and its gilded cupola can be seen glittering from all over the city. The main church of the Russian Empire while remaining an architectural marvel, was decorated in the most elaborate way possible. Interior decorations include mosaics, mural paintings, gilded bronze statues, semi-precious stones like lapis lazuli, malachite and the best kinds of marble.
Lunch at Russian traditional restaurant. Transfer to the hotel. Free time.
Day 5. St Petersburg – Moscow
Excursion to the Peterhof Palace
No one visiting St Petersburg should miss out on a day trip to its suburbs. After breakfast at the hotel and check-out, we head to Peterhof Palace which is famous for its series of palaces and gardens, also known as Petrodvorets. Sometimes it’s referred as the “Russian Versailles” and as one of the “Seven Wonders of Russia.” Being the most valuable national cultural object it is also designated as the UNESCO World Heritage. The architecture and décor of Peterhof Palace reflects all the artistic styles of the past and the personal tastes and preferences of Russian monarchs.
Before leaving St Petersburg enjoy lunch in one of the traditional Russian cuisine restaurant en route to the railway station.
Railway journey from St Petersburg to Moscow (fare is not included)
Enjoy comfortable journey from St Petersburg to Moscow by modern high speed Sapsan train for 4 hours and 15 minutes.
Transfer to the hotel
Day 6. Moscow
Moscow Sightseeing Tour
Following breakfast in the hotel, your Moscow sightseeing tour with an English speaking guide will begin by visiting some of the famous highlights including Red Square, the Kremlin, Sparrow Hills, Bolshoi Theatre, Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and many others. Savor the city unique atmosphere, its eclectic architecture, busy streets and strolling its charming neighbourhood.
Lunch in one the city’s restaurants, transfer to hotel, unless you decide to stay in the city centre for further exploration and make your own way back to the hotel. Leisure time.
Day 7. Moscow
Moscow Kremlin Tour
After breakfast at the hotel, your guide will take you to the famous landmark of the city, the magnificent Kremlin. Enjoy visit the fascinating Armoury Chamber which houses a unique collection of precious monarch accessories, objects of applied art that were presented to Russian tsars by foreign ambassadors, a collection of arms of the 13th – 18th centuries and jewelry since the 12th centuries. Don’t miss admirable pieces of art made of gold, silver, precious stones, ivory and porcelain.
Lunch at one of the famous Russian cuisine restaurants.
Afternoon time is yours for city exploration or buying souvenirs.
Day 8. Moscow
Transfer to the airport
After breakfast and upon the hotel check-out, your driver will be waiting for you at the hotel reception to provide a transfer to the airport. Departure.
Trip Information & Documents
Destination: Kazan – St Petersburg – Moscow, Russia
Tour Name: Three Capitals of Russia
$ 4,298 US per person based on double/twin occupancy
$ 4,770 US per person in single room;
$ 3,994 US per person based on double/twin occupancy
$ 4,218 US per person in single room;
$ 3,896 US per person based on double/twin occupancy
$ 3,916 US per person in single room.
*Price is subject to change during state holidays, high seasons and FIFA.
The tour price includes:
- 5* Accommodation based on two people sharing a double/twin room at a hotel (8 days and 7 nights in one of chosen hotels):
- 2 nights in Kazan (Mirage hotel 5*, Korston 5*, Grand hotel Kazan 4*, Korston 4*, Ibis 3*)
- 2 nights in St. Petersburg (Solo Sokos Palace Bridge Hotel 5*, Astoria 5*, Best Western Plus Center hotel 4*, Radisson Sony Hotel 4*, Nevsky Grand hotel 3*, Orbita Hotel 3*)
- 3 nights in Moscow (Sun Flower Park Hotel 4*, Intourist Kolomenskoe Hotel 4*, Proton Hotel 4*, Ermitage Hotel 4*, Maxima Zarya Hotel 3*)
- Breakfast daily, 7 lunches
- Transfers from/to airports, railway station
- Transportation and English-speaking guide
- Excursions and all entrance fees as per program:
- in Kazan: Kazan Kremlin, master-class for preparing Tatar national dish
- in St Petersburg: St. Peter and Paul Fortress cathedral, Hermitage, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Peterhof (park + palace)
- in Moscow: Moscow Kremlin, the Armory Chamber
- Visa support letter for the tour duration
- 24-hour emergency contact
Not included in price:
- International flights
- Domestic flight Kazan – St Petersburg
- Train tickets St Petersburg – Moscow
- Any meals, beverages, sightseeing entrance fees not specified in the inclusions
- Photo and video charges at museums and places of interest
- Extra personal costs incurred at the hotel, including early check in and late check out
- Extended visa support
- Tour is available all year round except dates January 1 – 10 (New Year holidays)
- Accommodation may be substituted with similar grade hotels
- Tours and timing may vary according to local conditions and substitutions may be made if necessary
- Visa support – is supplied for duration of tour only. Extension of visa support costs USD 50 per person.
- You will need to obtain a tourist visa BEFORE you arrive in Russia
- Do not forget to apply for your visa at least 1 month prior to travel