CG Journey has designed a travel program to Israel so that people with special needs can travel regardless of their limitations, disability or age. We understand the special requirements needed for travelers with sensory, mobility or emotional issues. Now travel to Israel is available to everyone.
- Scooter and wheelchair users
- Limited walking and slow walkers
- Deaf and hearing impaired
- Blind and visually impaired
- Other disabilities
TOURS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS
- We offer a variety of tours ranging from 5 -14 days designed for people using wheelchairs and scooters as well as slow walkers and the visually and hearing impaired.
- Individual – we can customize a special tour to meet your specific requirements.
- Group tours are based on a minimum of six people.
- Wheelchair accessible transportation.
- Knowledgeable and experienced tour guides.
- Accommodation – wheelchair accessible hotel rooms, private apartments, and private villas for long and short term stays
- Hostels and Church guest houses
We offer a variety of tours ranging from 5 days – 10 days designed for people using wheelchairs and scooters as well as slow walkers and the visually and hearing impaired.
- 5 Day tour for slow walkers, visually and hearing impaired
- 5 Day tour for wheelchair users
- 7 Day tour for slow walkers, visually and hearing impaired (Jewish Itinerary)
- 7 Day tour for wheelchair users (Jewish itinerary)
- 8 Day tour for slow walkers, visually and hearing impaired (Jewish Itinerary)
- 8 Day tour for wheelchair users (Jewish itinerary)
- 10 Day tour for slow walkers, visually and hearing impaired (Jewish Itinerary)
- 10 Day tour for wheelchair users (Jewish itinerary)
- 8 Day in the Footsteps of Jesus Tour (Christian itinerary)
- 10 Day in the Footsteps of Jesus Tour (Christian itinerary)
- 10 Day tour for visually impaired
- 10 Day Multi cultural tour
- 14 Day Multi cultural tour
- 14 Day First Timers tour to Israel including Eilat and Petra
SERVICES & EQUIPMENT RENTAL
- Day tours by wheelchair accessible van + driver guide (or driver and guide)
- Manual Wheelchairs with removable feet and arm rests
- Day tours for the blind including transportation for up to 10 people.
- Power Wheelchair
- Electric Scooter
- Shower wheelchair with small wheels, adjustable arm rest and leg rest
- Hoyer lift – up to 330 pounds (sling can be purchased separately)
- Electrically Adjustable bed with 8 positions
- Oxygen equipment
- Portable ramp
- Transportation by wheelchair accessible van
- Helper for private services
We can arrange day tours to the most important sites and regions in Israel with an experienced driver/tour guide with a minimum number of participants. We also offer customized and private tours.
Day tours can be arranged in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Caesarea, Haifa, Acre, Tiberias and Nazareth.
TOURS WITH CHILDREN – BAR/BAT MITZVAH CELEBRATIONS
We invite you to visit Israel with your family whether it’s just a family vacation or to celebrate a Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Although many refrain from celebrating this special event at the Wailing Wall or Masada because of a child’s disability, we can arrange a special tour accessible by wheelchair or walker giving your family the opportunity to celebrate this joyous occasion. The pace of the tour will be slower and will be designed to accommodate your special needs.
SHORE EXCURSIONS FROM HAIFA AND ASHDOD
Visits are based on ability, personal interest and time limitation. The van is equipped with a lift and is able to take 3 persons in wheelchairs and 5 people without wheelchairs. Our English speaking tour guide/driver is experienced with working with people with disabilities and special needs. Equipment such as wheelchairs (electrical or manual) as well as scooters is available for rental.
SPECIAL NEEDS CRUISING
Cruising has become an increasingly popular option for travelers with special needs, for once on board the ship, most modified cabins are accessible by elevator and your suitcase is only unpacked once. These conveniences alone make cruising a rewarding and accessible option.
We understand that travelers with special needs have concerns that other cruisers may never have to take into consideration. We can recommend several interesting itineraries and cruise lines and can arrange a cruise vacation especially for you.
Accessible Travel services in other countries can be arranged on request. Contact us for more information.
Janice Snider – Operations Manager, Accessible Travel Program
Ext #114; email@example.com