Baikal is a wonderful lake, the largest freshwater lake in the world, located in Southern Siberia and 5000 km east of Moscow.
“Baikal holds around 20% of world’s freshwater”
Baikal attracts a lot of tourists all over the world. People like to come here year round, but the favorite seasons are winter and summer. Among numerous places, bays and resorts where you can go to explore wonderful nature of Baikal the most popular is definitely Listvyanka.
A tiny village an hour drive from Irkutsk became extremely popular among different tourists due to its comfortable location on the lake: It is extremely popular for its diverse tourist activities: boat launching, fishing, cooking, trekking, various tours to remote parts of the lake, winter sports.
The Must-Do things in Listvyanka:
- Take a stroll along the picturesque shore of the lake and enjoy a stunning beauty of the nature;
- Take a Circum-Baikal railway to Slyudyanka and back – this experience is unbelievable; make you feel united with nature;
- Try a local smoked Omul fish and enjoy its wonderful taste.;
- Visit the tourist market;
- Take a boat to Peschanaya bay;
- Have a dinner at one of the cutest cafes or restaurants on the lake;
- Visit Baikal Limnological Museum with aquarium complex o skiving inhabitants of the lake;
- Take a tour to Peschanaya Bay – on a boat along a coast to see one of the least crowded areas on the lake coastline.
All in all, while visiting Listvyanka, you will also ask yourself a question where to try the most delicious food in the area. YYZ Travel can suggest you some of the best places to enjoy delicious food and exceptional menu.
Sval Restaurant (and Sauna)
Located on the Gorkogo street, this restaurant is situated just next to Podlemorie Hotel and it is extremely famous for its fish menu. For those who love to have open-air dinners, there is a terrace which is extremely cozy in summer months.
Probably, one of the most popular restaurants among locals. The reason is simple: it has a really wide selections of seafood dishes which locals consider to be one of the best.in the village.
Listvyanka Club Grill and Restaurant
It is famous for its cozy home atmosphere, big windows, comfortable fireplace and spacious area. The kitchen has not only Russian but Serbian elements, as a chef has come from that country.